ECOPRO BM Responsible Supply Chain Policy
ECOPRO BM conducts responsible raw material procurement to purchase minerals that do not pose any of the risks mentioned in Annex II of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High Risk Areas (“OECD Guidance”)
Risks mentioned in Annex II of OECD Guidance (“OECD Guidance Risks”)
- 3TG (Tin, Tantalum, Tungsten, Gold) known as conflict minerals
- Minerals related to secondary battery manufacturing (Cobalt, Lithium, Nickel, Manganese, Graphite)
ECOPRO BM's Requests and Actions on Suppliers
|Serious abuses associated with the extraction, transport or trade of minerals
||Torture, Cruel, Inhuman and degrading treatment
|Forced or compulsory labor
|War crimes, Violations of international humanitarian law, Crimes against humanity or genocide
|Direct or indirect support to non-state armed groups
|Public or private security forces
|Bribery and fraudulent misrepresentation of the origin of minerals
|No payment of taxes, fees and royalties to governments
- Suppliers who sell minerals prepare and submit the attached ‘Declaration of Compliance with Responsible Supply Chain Policy’ so that they can implement responsible supply chain policy together with ECOPRO BM.
- ECOPRO BM conducts due diligence on its suppliers in accordance with the OECD Guidance, and suppliers also require their sub-suppliers to conduct due diligence.
- To prove that minerals in the supply chain are free from the OECD Guidance risks, ECOPRO BM expects suppliers to provide due diligence information and cooperate.
- Suppliers will immediately cease trading with sub-suppliers that (potentially) have OECD Guidance risks.
- Increase transparency in implementing this policy by publishing reports in case of requested by customers, stakeholders, and the public.
- Finally, suppliers also require sub-suppliers to expand enforcement to comply with responsible supply chain policy.
Grievance about our policy or due diligence system can be received by e-mail or phone, but we strongly recommend that you report at ‘Report Online in Ethical Management’ on the ECOPRO BM website.